Friday conversation: Don’t be afraid to ask; we need to talk more about suicide and how to prevent it
September is National Suicide Prevention Month. Local family therapist Kerri Gray and ReDiscover's Suicide Prevention Program Coordinator Kirsti Millar join hosts Nick Parker and Jason Norbury for in important conversation on risk factors, warning signs and how to talk with our family, friends and neighbors about these hard, but necessary topics.
If you, or a loved one need assistance, please use the numbers listed below:
- Local Crisis line: 1-888-279-8188
- Texting Hotline: 741741 (text any word: help, hope)
- National hotline: 1-800-273-8255
- ReDiscover local: 816-966-0900
- Show Me Hope COVID line: 816-988-2739